Friday, June 11, 2010

Otomen

Recently, I was cleaning a computer of unnecessary files, and I found something interesting. Not interesting in the "Oh god, what the hell is that?" way, but in the "Hmmm. I kind of want to see more of that" way. There is a very interesting Japanese drama called "Otomen," about a guy who is pretty badass all around- he does kendo (Japanese swordfighting) and always sticks up for the weaker students. But he has a secret: he likes pretty things, and he likes to sew and thinks stuffed toys are cute. He hides this to portray only his stereotypical badass side... but then he falls in love with a girl who's more badass than he is, and he is able to reveal his true self to her.

I love it, it's a great series. I really thinks it helps show the reality of life- that people aren't always exactly like the persona they project. In real life, I try not to seem so depressed, and I always act like my mother's suicide didn't really affect me all that much. But I can let my real personality show on the Internet.

Argh, this has nothing to do with the television drama, so I'm going to shut up now. If you're interested, you can watch it on dramacrazy.net, the series title is Otomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment