Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Today, being Cinco de Mayo, meant two things at work. One, it was Comedy Sombrero Time, and two, CHIPOTLE FOR LUNCH!

About ten years ago, my boss went to Cozumel with his wife for their honeymoon, and while he was there, he bought a gigantic sombrero for the heck of it. It's about five feet wide, although it's got a normal sized place for your head. So today, it was Comedy Sombrero Time. We had a rock-paper-scissors tournament to see who had to wear it all day, and not surprisingly I lost. So I had to go about my work wearing a giant hat on my head, and trust me, it's a lot harder than it looks. The damn thing weighs about five pounds, which doesn't seem like much, until you put it on your head. Then it starts to feel like it's 5000 pounds. And I also learned the hard way- the hat does not fit under the desk, especially if you're wearing it.

But I accepted my defeat and wore that sombrero with pride. After all, come Halloween we all have to wear costumes to work, and invariably G ends up looking like a fool since he waits until the last minute to get his costume. So I accept my sombrero fate, knowing that this October we might have a reenactment of Toilet Paper Mummy.

But enough about the hat. Today, the boss got us all Chipotle for lunch, and we didn't have to pay a thing. He's so nice when does things like that... he technically doesn't have to give us anything except our paychecks, but he was kind enough to get us a special lunch today. Mr. Boss, I <3 you in a platonic manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment