Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ridiculous...

Every day that goes by I hate the extremist faction of the animal rights movement even more. Now they're threatening the American figure skating Olympian because of something incredibly stupid- the dude wore a bit of fox fur on his costume.

Seriously people? You're going to give a guy death threats because he wants to wear a bit of fuzzy stuff on his suit? Please. Way worse things happen on a daily basis. People are dying in Haiti. People are abusing their children. Other people are dying of exposure because they have nowhere to go. If you can get that butthurt over something stupid like a bit of fur, then put that energy into helping your fellow humans! I'm proud to say that organizations like PETA will never and have never gotten a penny of my hard-earned money. On the other hand, I donate to UNICEF every two months. People need to focus on helping other people before they get all upset about the "poor widdle animals."

Am I cold? Am I heartless? Maybe. But it's hard not to be cynical when people pull this kind of thing. Threatening another person over wearing fur is ridiculous.

And now I'm going to go kick a puppy, since if PETA ever sees this they're going to be all up in my grill. Might as well make sure the label actually fits, yeah? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment