Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What do you get when...

you put five friends in a fancy Japanese restaurant and tell them to go eat whatever the heck they want? No, it's not a lame joke or a riddle. It's my birthday party!

I turned XX years old yesterday (ha. Like I'd tell you my age... :P), and some of my friends and I went out for dinner. There is a very high-end sushi buffet not too far from where I work, so some of my friends and I went there for a nice dinner. As it was, it turned into a discussion of all things entertaining.

One little problem: my friend G hates sushi. Really hates sushi. Which meant that he couldn't eat about half of the food on the menu, but he didn't really care. He ate more galbi and miso soup than I think most people in this world eat in a lifetime. My friend K thinks she might be pregnant, so no raw sushi for her either (although unlike G, she loves that stuff). Luckily for her they had vegetarian, fish-free sushi. As for me and the other two? We ate all the sushi we could.

But other than dinner, I got a very nice present from my boss, the last person I would have expected anything from. Yeah, he's a great guy, but I never thought he would actually bother to give an employee a gift. He knows I collect owl stuff, so he gave me an adorable owl plushie. Huey (as I named him) is now sitting on my workstation, watching all over the stuff I have to fix.

My important person didn't forget my birthday either, airmailing me a lovely pair of earrings with polished amethysts in them. I wish he could be here with me, but it's not possible at this time.

So overall, I had a pretty good day. I intend to use some of the money I got from relatives to buy some DVDs, and the rest I'll probably keep in my Money Sock to fund my retirement. Assuming I actually get there before I'm dead. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment