Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bullied to death

The Story

Another teenager is dead due to suicide, because she was tormented at the hands of her peers. What I want to know is how long this is going to go on before someone does something about it?

I don't give a rat's ass what a person's reasons for harassing someone else are. If they do so, they're scum. I don't care if your religious beliefs/political beliefs/the flying pink monkey that controls your thoughts/or your parents say you're to be intolerant of someone else- you just don't do it. I can't exactly ask if your momma taught you right or not, since mine obviously didn't. But you know what? I learned from a young age that harassing someone just because they are different is unacceptable. My great-grandmother would have hit me upside the head with a broom if she ever heard that I bullied someone.

I personally was never a victim of bullying. Well, technically that's not true, but I got suspended from middle school for a week after I beat the girl who tried up. Most people knew not to mess with me after that, since I'd Hulk out.

How many more people are going to end their own lives before we as a society do something? If we impose strict penalties on people who are vile enough to torment another human being, then it might stop. If we make people afraid that they'll be living with Big Bubba in prison for the rest of their lives, then they will stop. If we make people pay million-dollar fines if they get caught, then they will stop. If someone dies as a result of bullying, give the bully the same penalties you would give any other murderer. That will stop it right quick!

Maybe it's too much to ask. After all, "kids will be kids," the teachers say. Well, I say that we're killing the next generation by allowing this to continue. And if this is how the next generation behaves, then I don't want to live long enough to be in a nursing home under their care.

No comments:

Post a Comment