Sunday, April 4, 2010

IT Night Out

Last night, G, R, and I decided to go check out the new iPad. We went to the local Apple store, stood in line for about two hours, and then we got to hold it. That sounds so stupid when I type it out, but considering how long we waited to just see the darn thing I think that a bit of hyperbole is appropriate. :)

Anyway, we got to play with it for a while, then we had to hand it off to the next person. It was kind of fun, but really, it was basically a giant iPod. Very amusing, and rather fun, but I don't think it can really justify the $500 base price tag. Although R fell in love with it. I fully expect him to come to work tomorrow with one tucked into his computer bag.

After we saw the iPad, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Personally, I don't like Italian food very much, but I was out-voted. Although I was surprised- this restaurant had food I could actually eat. The tomato-marinara pasta with Parmesan cheese was rather good. Still, I would have preferred to get Japanese or Indian food, or at least something spicier. Oh well. Next time we go out I don't care what it takes- we're getting something spicier.

Eating out with those two is always an adventure. G has a kind of stupid habit of making little houses and stuff out of the sugar packets, and R started a condiment war. If his wife could have seen him, she probably would have filed for divorce right away, since he amused himself by chucking sugar packets at G's sugar packet house to try to knock it down. It was like the middle school lunch table all over again, although I do have to admit that it was funny. At least they managed to keep their sugar-packet fight on a relatively small scale, so they didn't disturb anyone else.

After dinner, we went ice skating. I'm terrible at it, but not as bad as R. He actually crashed into me and we ended up in a tech-support worker pile. It actually hurt pretty badly, considering that I cut myself with the skate blade when I fell. I don't think we'll be repeating that part of our night out again, although we might try something similar again soon, since we all had so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment